About the Awards
Africa Queen of Energy Awards.
Our Conference at a glance
The Africa Queen of Energy Awards is the first Pan-African women awards to inspire, recognize and reward gender stakeholders in the energy sector. The conference theme 2021 is “Celebrating Africa’s resilience and Excellence ”is to celebrate women who are shaping the energy landscape in Africa ,showcasing how they have innovated post pandemic and inspired others along the way through role modeling and mentorship. The Covid-19 crises has affected everyone but women and girls have been differently affected and are facing disproportionate economic, health and social risks. Tilting the discussion on mitigation measures and opportunities opens up support to bridge the gap and fight climate change. The programme has attracted participation from 22 countries through speakers, nominees and delegates as we replicate across Africa as we build an Africa advocacy platforms incentivize stakeholders. We seek to continue to develop an authentic community of women who are going above their call of duty to influence the landscape of the energy sector in Africa. To register, click here
Africa Queen of Energy awards 2020 is a pan –African Dream to:
- To inspire, recognize and reward women who have careers in the energy sector and businesses through competitive awards
- Identify opportunities for economic empowerment through Energy solutions
- Align gender strategy with SDG goals in the energy sector
- To create awareness of impact of 50% of population left out in the energy discussion
- To share experiences in the energy journey across Africa
- Establish a mentorship network across Africa.
- To showcase successful stories across Africa
Largest gathering of women in the in the energy space in Africa
- The low involvement in the energy value chain has left women vulnerable to climate change challenges with very low knowledge of the science behind.
- More women CEOs have been appointed since the programme started with more coming in
- Dramatic Increase in 25% of women doing business in the energy sector value chain with the from 5% to 14 % in 3 years of women 2015 to 2019 trading in the energy sector.
- Dramatic increase in STEM participation has helped reduce skills gap ,Increase employment and productivity of women.
- Launch of the first Energy Gender policy in the world in the energy sector
- Provide an opportunity to lead in the intellectual discussion as well as
- Opportunity for mentorship and learning from your network which will in turn create a favorable association with your institution among beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Energy is a product that interacts every day with all customers hence any activities to address existing gaps will have a significant impression on any brand
- To create awareness, new segments and funding opportunities for women entrepreneurs
- As conflicts continue to escalate across the country on energy projects we could create an opportunity to identify sources and solution to these conflicts keeping in mind the woman is left out in the discussion.